Tuesday, September 09, 2008

A New Start



I've never thought of myself as much of a writer. I did not join Journalism in high school or college when all my other friends did and I never enjoyed keeping a diary. But as the days go by and my baby, Mason, has started preschool and we have a second baby in our home, it scares me that I may not remember every detail of every second of their precious lives. So, I guess I have to jump on this bandwagon and start blogging, too.


I am having a hard time believing that Mason is truly a preschooler and that he will be spending mornings with a teacher and 7 other small strangers that he's only just met. Since we've moved to Spokane (over a year ago now), I can count on one hand the number of friends we've made.

We--I-- have made little effort to belong to this community because we know our stay here is temporary. We frequently make "quick trips" home to the Tri-Cities where both sets of grandparents and all our friends live to visit. I make the trip (sometimes by myself!) almost once a month to play Bunko with my girls. But the longer we stay in Spokane, the more and more I must admit that this is the city I should be calling home. It really is a beautiful city, much to my dismay. My heart is still living in the Tri-Cities and even though it pains me greatly, I know I need to let go of (some of) the Tri-Cities and embrace this home of mine.

I suppose this is my resolution, if you will, in the next couple of months. I hope I can find things to be thankful for in Spokane before we returning to the Tri-Cities to spend Thanksgiving with our families.

No comments: