Wednesday, March 11, 2009

N is for....

...Novys

Sort of.

...Name Portraits?

Maybe.

...NikonD40?

Definately.

::
I got a fun new camera right after Collin was born. A Nikon D40. And I love it! But it does not yet share the same enthusiasm for me. We are still learning about each other. I haven't figured out how to do all the fun things I know it can! So sometimes, it's a struggle, but I try to use it as often as possible and am really trying to learn all it can do! Friends of mine have been attending a photography class and I'm so jealous! But am trying to gleam from them all I can learn about lenses, apperature, different settings, lighting, etc! I probably should look into a photography class myself, but who has the time for such a luxury?

Well, I got this fantastic idea from Jessica at The Meenach Family and Amy of The Mommy Chronicles around Christmas time.


I got so excited that I started taking "letter photos" of everything I could find! And in my excitement, thought of all the people I could give this super cool gift to.... My parents, my in-laws, my sister and her hubby, my grandparents, my hubby's brother and new bride, my cousins who just got married...... So, I went out and bought s.e.v.e.n frames! And set out to take enough pictures to spell out CARLISLE three times, ORNSTEIN, FREEPONS, EVANS and NOVY. So far (and yes, I know it's well into March), this is the only one that is completely put together.


for my cousin, Kyle and his beautiful bride, Lindsey
(And no, this hasn't been delivered yet... and to top it all off, they just celebrated their 6-month wedding anniversary!)


Hopefully, within the next few weeks, I can finish up these projects and get them delivered where they need to be!

Photos coming soonish!

Wishing you a productive day!

love!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

These are GREAT gifts. We actually have one with out last name that we bought. I hangs in our entryway and I love it.

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

That is SO creative! I'm stealing your idea!!! (sorry... :S) I want to do my name. Now... how do you find an "R"???