Sunday is our 'family day' and typically we do or make something together. This weekend, we were in busy busy busy mode preparing for 'The Organizer' first thing Monday morning, that we didn't go anywhere special. But had a pic-a-nic dinner in the living room while we watched a "family" movie... some monster truck special my husband found. More for the boys than for me... another oh-so-clear reminder that I am very much outnumbered in my own home.
Shrimp Scampi was on the menu. A new recipe (thank you, allrecipes.com) with a few of my own "twisits."
::
Enjoy
1/2 cup butter
1 lb peeled, deveined shrimp
4-6 cloves garlic, minced, chopped, finely grated (however you use garlic!)
1 cup white wine
5-6 Tbsp italian bread crumbs
6-8 big basil leaves, finely sliced ("confettied")
5-6 Tbsp italian bread crumbs
6-8 big basil leaves, finely sliced ("confettied")
1 tsp. dried parsley (or fresh, if you have it on hand; I didn't)
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
In a large saucepan, melt butter, saute garlic until tender. Add shrimp and cook until colored pink. Stir in white wine. The bread crumbs are used as thickening, so stir in about a tablespoon at a time until desired thickness is reached. Season with parsley and basil.
Serve shrimp over angel hair pasta, sprinkled with reserved bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
Serve shrimp over angel hair pasta, sprinkled with reserved bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.

3 comments:
Can I come by for leftovers!!! Oh my all my favorite -pasta, wine,butter yep I'm with you all yummy. i am copying this recipe can't wait to make it! and I so agree allrecipes is a great site!!!
LuLu
I love pasta. Carbs are so bad, yet so good.
Beth, on the plus side, I've been using whole wheat PLUS pasta! But yes, so good~
Post a Comment